Join us for the 2021 Crystal Lake Half Marathon. It will start at Main Beach, traverses the lake, runs past the Historic Dole Mansion, path the Crystal Lake County Club, through many tree lined subdivision, with a loop around the Crystal Lake South Track and finishes up in down town Crystal Lake.
Smith PT and Running Academy is the heartbeat of the CLHalf and why it's back on the fall calendar.
Running Depot is Crystal Lakes and McHenry Counties leading expert in running shoes, hydration, apparel and the like. Stop in today to see what they can help with you achieving your half marathon goal.
1. Stay home if you are sick or have been in contact with someone that is sick.
2. Practice proper health and hygiene methods for hand washing, hand sanitizing, sneezing and coughing.
3. Wear a face cover when near others at event venues.
4. Read all information from the event communication and signage leading up to the event. Follow safety instructions of race announcers and officials.
5. Respect physical distancing and look for visual cues within the venue, packet pick up, and starting corrals.
6. Respect others including other athletes, volunteers, course marshals, and spectators.
7. Be self-reliant:
a. Give others plenty of space at aid stations,
b. carry your own fluids and nutrition using volunteer assistance minimal and
c. encourage family and friends to observe physical distancing and stay home if sick.
1. While training, carrying your hydration and nutrition and become self-reliant.
2. Learn the course and nuances that are on the course.
3. Train and come prepared to run/walk.
4. Locate packet pick up and reduce the spread of contact. Also utilize the mailing option (if available) for packet pick up.
Race Management Team: (Race Director, Race Sponsor, Staff):
1. All Race Management Team members (RMT) will work from home and should continue to do so if applicable to the role they play within the event.
2. RMT will wear face coverings over their nose and mouth when within 6 ft. of others while on work site.
3. RMT shall provide their own hand washing capability or sanitizer during contact periods.
4. RMT shall hand wash frequently with soap/paper towels/disinfectant/hand sanitizer where available.
5. All employees and workers who perform work at the worksite for the reason of this event, shall complete health and safety training related to COVID-19 when initially returning to work. This is based on the DCEO Restore Illinois guidelines website.
6. RMT shall not report to or be allowed to remain at, work if sick or symptomatic (with cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4 degrees or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. Or other CDC symptoms.
7. IF a RMT reports having an COVID-19 related symptoms, they should remain isolated at home for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset OR until fever less and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR confirmation to not have COVID-19 via 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart
1. Aid stations are spread out evenly.
2. All volunteers will wear face coverings and gloves during their shift at the aid station.
3. Water cups and other hydration will be spread out on multiple tables in order to keep participants spaced out.
4. Cups will be self-serve and volunteers will not hand cups to racers.
5. A garbage can will be made available for runners to pitch their cups into.
6. Cup pick up will be done with volunteers using gloves, brooms, or rakes. And placed in garbage bags.
7. Runners have the option to bring their own hydration and not stop at aid stations.
1. All packets will be stuffed and handled by 1 volunteer for each bag. In each bag will include the racers shirt, bib number, and swag.
2. Volunteers will wear masks and gloves while placing items in bags.
3. Each bag will remain sealed until distributed.
4. Distribution will be with minimal touch as possible.
1. At the finish line, the runners will cross the line, given hydration, food, offered medical assistance, given their awards medal, opportunity for a photo, a shaded seated area will be offered.
2. Then racers will be shown where their cars are located to walk back post-race.